Notification

Icon
Error

RFID Module
Wasabi Fan
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 4:03:43 PM(UTC)

Hi, Not sure if this is the right place to post this because it hasn't had any activity for over a month, but I couldn't find anywhere else to post this. I recently ordered a Gadgeteer RFID Module. I was trying to test it, but there is no module in the VS Toolbox that I can add for the RFID module. I have been searching on the internet for a while and can't find anything other than source code from gadgeteer.codeplex.com.

Any Ideas? I have seen posts from people who have used the module, so it obviously can work.

Thanks,

Wasabi Fan

ColinM
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:10:38 PM(UTC)
ColinM

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi, I have the latest SDK from GHI installed and I find the RFID module in the toolbox so I imagine that you have an older SDK - one from before they supported the RFID module. They are coming out with modules quite frequently so it pays to update your SDK frequently. LEt me know if that doesn't work for you.
1 user thanked ColinM for this useful post.
Wasabi Fan on 11/13/2012(UTC)
Wasabi Fan
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 2:38:39 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the reply, where can I get the new version of the SDK? I tried to download what I thought was the newest version, but it was corrupt.

HughB
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:33:18 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi If you are using a GHI mainboard as well then you can download the latest from here http://www.ghielectronic...t/dotnet-micro-framework

Make sure you follow the installation steps to the letter and make sure you update your firmware. Also make sure you have the right version of the .netmf SDK too (link on the page above)

1 user thanked HughB for this useful post.
Wasabi Fan on 11/13/2012(UTC)
Wasabi Fan
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:14:12 PM(UTC)

Ok... thanks! Update was a little rocky, but it worked! but now I have a different problem. I am trying to send the received ID of the card the user scans to my client app on my pc (over USB). I see a debug interface in device manager, but no com port. can I do this without buying a separate serial module?

ColinM
#6 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 6:00:04 PM(UTC)
ColinM

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The USB port on the board is taken up for debugging so you probably do need an additional module to talk wot your PC.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed