Notification

Icon
Error

Are Ad-Hoc Wireless Networks Possible?
ChicagoWayVito
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:30:32 AM(UTC)

Hi,

I am looking at getting into .Net Gadgeteer and Netduino.  I have a project that I would like to work on which requires an ad-hoc network (Peer to Peer).  Is it possible to create a peer to peer network between a Windows Phone and Netduino?

If yes, please help me know which boards I would need for this.  The project that I am planning is meant to be installed in a remote location where there is no internet connectivity or wireless router hence the reason I need Windows Phone to talk directly to the Netduino board (Fez Spider).

If this can be done then I will be purchasing the parts soon.  I appreciate your assistance.

Cheers!

ColinM
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:18:24 PM(UTC)
ColinM

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi,
One clarification, the Fez Spider is different from the Netduino boards. There are only two radio options that I am aware of on the WIndows Phone - WiFi and Bluetooth. My experience is that the Windows Phone 7 does not expose Bluetooth to applications for random devices so WiFi is an easier option. I have heard that is being relased in Windows 8 but I dont know for sure. If WiFi is not an option, then you could look at cutting out the Windows phone and using the cellular radio module for the Fez Spider. I haven't used it so I suggest you go to the TinyCLR.com forum and see if you can get advise form someone with direct expereience with it.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed