What is the .NET Micro Framework?
.NET Micro Framework is an open source platform that enables you to write managed code C# applications using Visual Studio for resource constrained embedded devices. .NET Micro Framework is open sourced by Microsoft Open Technologies.
What is .NET Micro Framework used for?
Why .NET Micro Framework?
Great Developer Experience
Use best in-class development and debugging tools of Visual Studio to easily create micro intelligent devices.
Bring your ideas to life in hours instead of days or weeks with the .NET Gadgeteer platform. Quickly and easily develop your inventions to show people your creative designs.
Leverage .NET and C#
Harness your existing C# and .NET knowledge base to bring cool and innovative devices to life.
- AOT Proof of Concept available for comments July 8, 2015We published this morning a Proof of Concept (POC) for applying Ahead of Time (AOT) compilation techniques to MSIL and target MCUs. We will grow this project side by side with .NET Micro Framework 4.4 and eventually integrate the .NET MF stack into the...(read more)Lorenzo Tessiore
- 4.4 Beta 2 is here! July 7, 2015We just released 4.4. Beta, please find it on our Github repo . With this release we provide major improvements in reliability for the lwIP TCP/IP stack as well as lots of bug fixes. Please check our backlog on the older Codeplex issues list , and if...(read more)Lorenzo Tessiore
- Changing of the Guard June 30, 2015It has been a busy eight months since I rejoined the team to see if I could contribute to getting some wind back in the NETMF sails. Since then we have started participating in conferences again (Build and Maker Faire among others), we have planned and...(read more)Colin Miller
- Addressing Codeplex issues May 5, 2015As mentioned in the GitHub announcement, we will be replicating and triaging the issues that are in CodePlex as we move them to GitHub where we will continue to address them. We will be looking at the number of votes each issue has to help us prioritize...(read more)Colin Miller
- NETMF at \\Build April 30, 2015There is a lot of news coming from Microsoft's \\Build conference going on this week. Much of this is around Windows 10, Office 365, HoloLens, and other large investments. In the IoT space, the focus is on the announcement of Windows IoT Core (code named...(read more)Colin Miller