What is the .NET Micro Framework?
.NET Micro Framework is an open source platform that enables you to write managed code C# applications using Visual Studio for resource constrained embedded devices. .NET Micro Framework is open sourced by Microsoft Open Technologies.
What is .NET Micro Framework used for?
Why .NET Micro Framework?
Great Developer Experience
Use best in-class development and debugging tools of Visual Studio to easily create micro intelligent devices.
Bring your ideas to life in hours instead of days or weeks with the .NET Gadgeteer platform. Quickly and easily develop your inventions to show people your creative designs.
Leverage .NET and C#
Harness your existing C# and .NET knowledge base to bring cool and innovative devices to life.
- Quail board: A new addition to the NETMF family March 10, 2015I just got word that the Quail board from the MikroBus.NET team is now shipping. This is a new development board built around the popular STM32 that supports the ‘click’ modules that use MikroBUS connections. MikroBUS is a connector definition...(read more)Colin Miller
- NETMF 4.4 Beta out on GitHub March 10, 2015There are a number of improvements planned for NETMF 4.4 and one of them is migrating the repository from CodePlex to GitHub. The new repository can be found at http://netmf.github.io/; In conjunction with the move, we have done some cleaning up. The...(read more)Colin Miller
- NETMF Applications: Sytech Designs a Heating Project March 3, 2015One of the key values of .NET is in handling complex projects. This next project is a good example of this. The project is a control system for domestic and industrial underfloor heating. The system allows each room to be defined as a separately controlled...(read more)Colin Miller
- NETMF 4.3 QFE2 released January 28, 2015The changes to NETMF 4.3 to make it work with VS 2013 have been released from its beta state and is available on Codeplex . This will give us room in the next few weeks to start a new beta with more cool things coming. Stay tuned....(read more)Colin Miller
- NETMF Applications: Smart Gateway for a range of heating/power generation plants December 15, 2014A question that I am frequently asked is where NETMF is used commercially. This would be an easy question to answer if we charged for the platform, because then we would know who our customers are. But as an Open Source project, we only hear anecdotally...(read more)Colin Miller